Sponsors

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Rush Dinner option: Mushroom Cheddar Sliders


Sliders are such a great idea when you have kids in the house. Sliders are not too small and not too big to eat and the toppings are endless. I was short on time and was going to actually pass on dinner and order take out, I thought, "I can knock this dish out easy!"

Sliders breakdown:

1 package of King's Hawaiian Sweet rolls or Savory Butter
1 lb of lean ground beef
1 egg
Handful of italian breadcrumbs
Mini Tillamook Cheddar Cheese slices (Found these at the grocery store, what a good way to attract the slider consumers)
1 package of cremini mushrooms (I bought whole and then sliced it myself)
2-3 Tablespoon Worchestershire Sauce
Some horseradish deli mustard I had in the fridge. Any mustard will do
Salt/Pepper to taste

*My measurements are not entirely on point since I prefer seasoning to my liking.

Cut little small squares out of the tillamook cheese. I did about 12 mini slices. Throw that in the same bowl as the ground beef, egg, the handful of breadcrumbs, and ehhh about 2 tablespoon of worchestershire sauce. Add salt and pepper lightly. Give the mix a nice massage until incorporated. Take a piece of cook it for taste and if it's a little bland, put some more salt or pepper. Shape into thin patties about a inch larger than the sweet rolls.

Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms and sauteed them on high heat in the pan, OIL YES, SALT NO, PEPPER YES and drizzle some worchestershire sauce, keep tossing it like a pro until nicely brown and set it aside. (But feel free to sauteed with a wooden spoon or spatula.)
Now cook the flatten patties in the  pan or on a panini press (THAT'S ME!) until done. You can toast the mini rolls before or after the patties, just keep an eye on it.

Assembly line:

Bottom half of the bread
Dollop of mustard of choice
Burger pattie
Slice of mini cheese
Mushrrrrrrroooms
Top with other half of the bread
Serve with chips or side of choice (fries, sweet potato fries, salad, soup, etc)

Easy right? With the amount of meat I actually made 6 mini sliders for dinner and was able to freeze about 7 more mini patties for another night. Guys and boys, they don't refuse burgers so this is a great weeknight dinner second to steak :) Check out the other recipes in my blog! Until then, enjoy! Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks very delicious! I sure need more mushrooms for my sliders ;-)

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...