Sponsors

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Berry Good for You Smoothie

Lookie here! Something good for you in drinkable form!
I think as long as the summer is still here and temperature hovers between 75-83 degrees, I will continue to rely on my once dust covered blender for my summertime treats! For this recipe, I used whatever I found in the pantry and freezer cause everyone knows once you get home with the kids, there's not venturing out after that! Unless it's for a nice restaurant, then I will make an exception!!

This recipe is piece of cake easy, like as with all the other recipes here at Forks and Kisses. So it has some repeating ingredients from my Banana Almond Butter Smoothie since mom is always yelling at me for buying too much and wasting it.  So here goes:

The Players in this berry mix:

1 cup Apple Juice
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1 cup frozen berries (I bought the bag from Costco which consist of frozen bing cherries, pomegranate, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
1 cup Ice
1 Banana
1 tablespoon of Agave Nectar

Throw all in the blender and let it go. The longer the better to break down all the seedlings from the pomegranate and possibly cherries? (I didn't actually check. I ate some on my first blend, therefore, let it rip!!)

Joseph picked the gray straw cause he knows Mommy LOVES the color gray! That's my boy!!

That is some pretty color mix in there!
I have a regular Oster Blender, nothing fancy but I believe it can give the other specialty blenders a run for their money. A good test to see if you've blend it down enough is to drink from a straw and see if any chunks get caught below.

Try me today! Or tomorrow, preferably before the end of summer!
It's great to put this smoothie in mason jars since it comes with a lid and looks nice. Plus if you have picky kids who only like strawberries, this is a good way to sneak the other stuff in. Hope you enjoy this drink!

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...