Sponsors

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Kale Chips (a.k.a Seaweed Chips)


My good friend from culinary school introduced me to Kale Chips. Prior to that I'll be honest, I didn't really know what it was/is/who/whatever??? Only when my hubby started this juicing diet, he bought kale and a bunch of overly healthy stuff to juice. So that's when I asked my friend what the heck can I do with kale cause I am no way in hell going to drink it raw in a juice form. She told me kale chips!! It's soo simple!! And she is totally right, there are countless videos of recipes, how-to's on the internet and YouTube and I thought I better get on the kale-train before it's too late.

I used the recipe my friend gave me, very simple for a first timer. Kale is typically expensive here in Southern California especially in the chain supermarkets or farmer's markets. I found at the Korean supermarket (of all places) that their kale is CHEAP! Cheap as in maybe $2-3.99 vs. $0.79 (for a bunch)!! That is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! So if I make a bunch of nobody likes it, then I don't have to feel bad wasting a bunch of money.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Everyone has these stuff on hand!! OK..maybe not the kale..
This will be the fastest recipe, here we go: Rip out leaves from that center rib, wash leaves, dry leaves to get excess water out (I use a salad spinner), line sheet tray with parchment paper, drizzle olive oil and squeeze some lemon juice, toss with hands, bake 350 degrees for 17 mins, kale out of over, sprinkle with salt, and DONE!! Ovens might vary, but 17 mins was good for me, I think letting it go to 20 might even be okay.

This would make a nice foodie postcard!

So I call this my a.k.a "Seaweed Chips" because it becomes this very light and airy chip very similar to seaweed. The crunch, the little bit of saltiness are the same. They might be some distant cousins in the vegetable family who knows. But if you like dried seaweed, you will most definitely like this! My son was curious and he surprised me by trying it and saying "I like this mommy!! I want more!!". That's always a good sign in my book plus it's healthy!!

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...