Sponsors

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 20, 2012

Summertime Quesadilla


Summertime splurge. This is that dish. After eating the same ethnic food day after day, it is that feeling of eating something that will put a smile on your face. My Pineapple Shrimp Quesadilla. This dish is on the sweet side which will remind you of a nice tropical place or any happy place you prefer. The touch of the BBQ sauce will remind you of summer time dishes. The shrimp is tasty and yet not too filling. I think this is that perfect summer dish.

Ingredients are your typical go-to items at any grocery store. We will get back in the health routine another day.


I've been wanting to use the case of pineapple chunks I bought from Costco. Throwing it in a quesadilla is just perfect. Adds a nice refreshing taste. I actually slice each shrimp in half (top side down) so the quesadilla wouldn't be too thick for the cheese to hold together. Very simple to assemble, first toss the de-veined, de-shelled shrimp and coat with the fajita seasoning (or taco seasoning is fine). Sauteed on high heat in a pan with oil until pink. Set aside. Now it's time to put it all together:

Flour tortilla ----> Cover with a layer of mexican four cheese ----> Add pineapple chunks (I sliced the chunks in half so it wouldn't be so chunky -----> Add some cooked shrimpy -----> Drizzle some BBQ sauce around ----> Cover with more cheese ----> Cover with the other flour tortilla.

You can also rub some butter on the outside of the tortilla to give it a nicer crisp (which I did).

The oooziness is calling your name...

Butter gave it a nice crisp..too much maybe?
I served it with a side of rice medley so I didn't feel as guilty for eating it. But eating this compared to a regular quesadilla, I didn't feel as stuffed. That's usually a good call!

See the pineapples?!? See the shrimps!?! Ohh yeaa!!
Joseph, who doesn't like pineapples OR shrimp actually ate this up. After coating the shrimp in the fajita seasoning and the BBQ sauce, you can't even tell there's shrimp in that quesadilla!! Until then, enjoy! Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Bee said...

I love quesidallas, perfect for fast, delicious meal :) I've never tried with pineapple, sounds really great! :D

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...