Sponsors

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Spaghetti Squash Casserole- True Food Inspired


This posting is inspired by a dish I've had many times now at True Food Kitchen. Their Spaghetti Squash Casserole. First of all, I've never cooked with a spaghetti squash before. It is a little on the weird side how after it is boiled or roasted, the meat becomes shreds when you go at it with a fork. Just weird. I like this dish for its simplicity and taste. On top of that, minus all the carbs you would get in a regular spaghetti dish.

That tool thingamijiga in the top right was perfect for making long strands

So far three ingredients!
This dish is enough for 4-5 servings and only cost no more than $10 depending on the brand of sauce and cheese. First I cut the spaghetti squash raw in half, scooped out all the seeds and nasty stringy stuff, put it cut side down on a roasting pan and stuck it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes. After that was done, I went at it with a fork which produced spaghetti strands. Then I took my tool and sliced strands on a zucchini. Using the skin of the zucchini is okay, but you would just have to cook it longer.

Toss the vegetable strands with tomato sauce of choice, put in a casserole dish, cover with mozzarella cheese and toss in the over for a good 45 minutes at 350degrees. This time I used fresh mozzarella cheese in a roll. Next time, mozzarella pearls or shredded cheese.

And ding! It's done. The spaghetti squash is naturally sweet after roasting which is good because it can counterbalance the acidity in the tomato sauce. I used Lucini Brand again but it is not as salty or tomato-ey like other brands.

Perfect winter meal but in summertime hahahaha
Yumm
 
Would I make this dish again? Of course! It is very cost effective and require minimal prep work. This is a dish even Joseph can help me with. I think you can probably even sneak in some strands of carrots or eggplants. :) Until then, enjoy :)






Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...