Sponsors

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Butterscotch Chocolate Brownie Cookies


These cookies are simply decadent and amazing to eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! I found these looking through Foodgawker and immediately caught my eyes. I followed the original recipe from Breanna's Recipe Box.

16 ounces Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate (60% cacao), chopped
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
4 eggs
1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Melt chopped chocolate with the butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.  Mix eggs, vanilla, and sugar in a medium bowl.  Combine thoroughly.  Set aside.
Sift flour, salt and baking powder together in a small bowl.
Add melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and slowly add dry ingredients.  When combined, add the chocolate chips and stir.
Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough onto prepared sheets. Here I added the butterscotch chips on top of the dough mixture right before putting it in the oven. Bake 10-12 minutes or until they are firm on the outside (dough loses its sheen).  Leave to cool completely on baking sheets.
**I didn't add any fleur de salt or sea salt since I forgot to buy it at the grocery store. I found the kosher salt in the original recipe was enough**
Baked some with the butterscotch chips, some without for comparison!

Some prefered without for the rich, dark, bitter taste of the chocolate.


This recipe easily baked a good 2 dozen 4 inch cookies. Joseph ate about 6 before I got to trying one. What I like about this recipe is that you can do variations using the brownie cookie as a base to build on. I think next time I want to swirl in caramel with sea salt for a sweet/salty cookie. For those who likes soft cookies, this is definitely it for you. With a nice tall glass of milk, it's good anytime of the day :) Until then, enjoy!


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds awesome! You wouldn't happen to have advice on a wheat-free variation, would you? Thanks!

Madison said...

Yummmy! I cannot wait to try this one. I might even add some white chocolate chips too. Delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

Wheat-free variation you can try using maize flour (corn flour) or carob powder to substitute the chocolate. However, I'm not sure really how rich or chocolatey the cookies will come out. Hope that helps!

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...